Israel had a fun disconnected Friday. He helped his mum clean the room, did an activity book called ‘find the kiwi’ (like where’s Wally) and then did some selfies! He helped his Dad walk their dogs.
They finished the day off with his dad, Chris, making some Tongan style food - called Lū
Taro leaves are cooked in foil with coconut cream, onions and lamb pieces, which is eaten together with Taro or Cassava.
In Samoa (where Kristy, Israel's mum is from) they eat the same. Just without meat!

FROM MRS A @ NEW WINDSOR SCHOOL
ReplyDeleteMalo e lelei Israel
Thank you for sharing your Disconnect Day Israel on Room 3's class blog. Great Collaboration with doing things with mum and dad. It sounds like you had a great day.
From Mrs A
Wow! You certainly kept yourself super busy on Friday. I love the way you worked with your mum and helped her make some yummy food for you all to enjoy. I wonder if the kitchen smelt really nice and made your tummy rumbe while you were waiting for it to cook. Keep up the wonderful learning.
ReplyDeleteOh Israel.. I saw this on Facebook and came to have a look! That looks really yummy! I got my mum some from the dairy, it was really small but my mum was happy! do you enjoy eating it too?
ReplyDelete